So I've recently started shooting in raw. My lack of before was not so much about the fear of using raw as it was an apprehension of the images taking up all my HD space. After all, each raw image approaches 8mb each (and these are Nikon compressed raw). However, I recent purchased the 500gb Western Digital Mybook which I've been using as a backup and soon to offload archived folders. A good backup plan is a must, especially with collection just passing the 30,000 image mark.
There are many benefits to raw, but the two that most people should be interested in is the unlimited whiteness balancing adjustments and the increased saved image information. If you think of raw as a digital negative, you'll have a good idea of the benefits.
I'll still shoot in jpg if I'm practicing, but for the most part, I stick to raw these days and worry about the hd space later. Memory is cheap anyway.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment