Sunday, October 21, 2007

Glass Exoskeleton

Glass Exoskeleton
I've seen this done quite a few times. Usually with a macro lens, a clear plastic or glass bowl, and a lemon or something. I have none of those. So instead I said to my wife I'll just drop a hot dog into a glass and call it a day. Well, I didn't even have a hotdog (thanks to my little girls). What I did have was one flash, a foam core board, and a lot of time.

Bouncing the flash off the board gave a pleasing effect, especially once I adjusted the aperture and flash power to settings I wanted. It would have been nice to have a macro lens, but I got by just fine without.

My friend Angel came by afterwards and wanted some portraits. So grabbed the camera and headed out. About 3 dozen shots later, got two I can brag about--one even being of me.

Simulated Dave Hill Photography look.

Angel {Dave Hill}

My own special recipe.

Why, it's me

No comments: