Experiencing winter in the frigid northwest has been interesting to say the least. Yes, it's cold. But I've been places that have been plenty cold. What gets me is the ridiculously early setting of sun. It's literally gone by 4pm. Things were different in Oklahoma, but then again, the weather was always screwy out there.
I took this photo by the off chance that I looked out my window and noticed it. It was obviously an interesting sight to behold, a bloom at the onset of winter. However, how best to capture it was the challenge. I had learned throughout the last year that my best photographs are those in which I already have a vivid picture in mind of what I want to do with it, and not just hoping to get something good. I had contemplated cutting it and "staging" the photo, but fearful I'd lose the delicate snow crystals on the rose. With a rough idea in mind, I took about a dozen images and went about to PP them.
I wanted it to be along the lines of a dark love story, and as such a lot of blacks and vignetting was added in Lightroom. Additionally, the reds and magentas was increased to accentuate the petals, and a magenta tint was added to the overall image to complete the effect. A quick run through Noise Ninja in Photoshop with the settings tuned down (8, 8, 8) ensured that noise was removed while preserving detail.
Personally, I can't imagine the image any other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment