Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More snow!

I took this with the Nikon 70-300mm VR, and incredible lens for a very reasonable price. It is certainly not the acclaimed 70-200mm VR 2.8, and will set you back for a little under $500, but if given the choice, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Sharp to about 200mm, with 9 curved aperture blades to produce incredibly beautiful bokeh, I've used this lens from sports, to portraits, and even nature shots.

This shot was taken at night. I had the idea in mind for some time for a flower with a long shadow protruding from the snow. Now, while I don't doubt there is fairly hardy grass alive in my backyard, the 4 feet of snow makes it difficult for anything to protrude right now. I was literally up to my knees as I attempted to set up my lighting equipment. I will most likely try this shot again later, perhaps with the setting sun instead of a strobe light for a warmer, more natural looking glow.

No comments: